Python books, literature etc

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Thu Jan 7 12:22:04 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07, Stuart Murray-Smith wrote:
> [...] ESR's guide to
> smart questions [1] helps set the pace of list culture.

It's good, if you can ignore the "These People Are Very Important
Hacker Gods, Not Mere Mortals" subtext.

> Anyways, to rephrase, could someone kindly mention any of their
> preferred Python books, websites, tutorials etc to help me get to an
> intermediate/advanced level? Something that would help me add
> functionality to Ubiquity, say.

I may be alone in this, but Alex Martelli's book ("Python in a
nutshell"?) on Python 2.2 and a bit of 2.3, plus the official
documentation, plus this group, is all I think I need.
But I had a lot of Unix, C, C++ and Perl experience to help me.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@  Oo  o.   .  .
\X/     snipabacken.se>   O  o   .