Exception as the primary error handling mechanism?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 7 02:29:50 EST 2010

r0g wrote:
>> Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> <snip>
>> detect no background seething at all here.
>>
>> Roger.
>>

> Actually guys I've just reread this thread from the start and I clearly
> did overreact, sorry about that. In fact it reminded me of this comic...
>
> http://xkcd.com/481/
>
> Time to smoke a joint and get a half decent nights sleep I think!
>
> Roger.

Brilliant. It takes a real whole human being to make an admission like
that (or even to bother to question their own behavior sufficiently to
bother re-reading the thread). I think a lot more of you for the admission.

Not that you really need care one way or the other what *I* think ...

We all have off-days. About three years ago I went completely apeshit at
someone in a fit of tiredness-induced pique, as was at one point amply
evidenced by

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2007-August/thread.html#454510

Strangely the universe conspired to stamp on that thread, and it appears
to have been lost to the python.org archives. A Google search for "Steve
Holden" and "not a fucking computer", however, reveals that my shame has
not been totally expunged.

[If only I could rickroll those links ... :)]

regards
 Steve
PyCon is coming! Atlanta, Feb 2010  http://us.pycon.org/