Exception as the primary error handling mechanism?

r0g aioe.org at technicalbloke.com
Wed Jan 6 18:58:21 EST 2010

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 22:46:33 +0000, r0g wrote:
>
>> Grant Edwards wrote:

>>> No.  When somebody asks a yes/no question, answering yes or no seems
>>> quite polite to me.  Following the yes/no answer with an explanation of
>>> the answer is always nice, and I've little doubt that's what happened.
>>>

>> Well actually I hadn't asked a question and I hadn't been talking to
>> him, he just butted in with it. Otherwise yes I agree completely.
>

> It's a public forum. You're talking to the whole world.

See? Spoiling for an argument even now! I never said you weren't allowed
to butt in, just that you did. Butting in is fine, that's half the point
of public groups after all but it's also besides the point. I was merely
explaining to Grant that I hadn't posed a yes/no question to anyone, let
alone you.

Roger.