File transfer with python

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:48:04 EST 2010

On 1/7/2010 5:00 AM, Valentin de Pablo Fouce wrote:
> My intention is to be able to transfer files from one computer to
> another in this environment.

Do you have a USB flashdrive?

> Looking (and surfing) at internet the only suggestion given is to use
> low level sockets for this file transfer. Is there another way to do
> it, is there any top level library that helps you to do that?

Networked file system (e.g. Samba/SMB), File Transfer Protocol (FTP),
whatever works for you. pysamba is available from sourceforge and there
is ftplib in the standard library. For most purposes though, you could
just setup a network shared directory and drag and drop files from the
file manager.