Fwd: I would like to install Python on my 64 bit Win 7

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Tue Jan 5 21:25:47 EST 2010

On 1/5/2010 11:31 AM, aung paing Soe wrote:

> Hello ,
>            I would like to study about Python Programming . So I want to
> install Python .
> But my laptop is Window 7 64-bit home basic  .
> So please give me a advice how to install Python in my 64 bit computer.
> I really want to study python programming .
> I am looking forward your reply.
> Thank you very much

Even though your laptop runs a 64-bit operating system, you do not have
to install 64-bit Python build. You may also install a 32-bit build.
(Some Python packages may not even build on 64-bit Python)

You can install Python from one of the two places:

1. http://python.org/download/releases/2.6.4/ (AMD64 == 64-bit)

2. http://www.activestate.com/activepython/ (Includes PyWin32, a package
manager and extra documentation and tutorials).

-srid