Exception as the primary error handling mechanism?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 5 17:39:08 EST 2010

r0g <aioe.org at technicalbloke.com> writes:

> Of course I'm now guilty of pedantry too :/ I might have let it slip
> had you not started your reply with the word "No", that just p***** me
> off.

Well, if being told “no” is going to piss you off, I think you're in for
a rough time.

> Having said that I find the mental image of you slamming your fist on
> the table and shouting it out loud whenever you read something you
> disagree with on usenet quite amusing!

In return, I find myself quite amused that you would get such an image.
To reduce the stress you describe above, you might want to read what is
written, rather than inventing fanciful emotion where it wasn't in the
message to begin with.

--
 \          “One time I went to a drive-in in a cab. The movie cost me |
  `\                              ninety-five dollars.” —Steven Wright |