Printing plain text with exact positioning on Windows

KvS keesvanschaik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 07:40:14 EST 2010

On Jan 5, 9:21 am, "alejandro" <aleksanda... at BRISIOVOnet.hr> wrote:
> Did you mean borderless printing?
> Every printer needs his margins, some more some less. Some printers have the
> ability to do borderless printing but usualy they can do it only on special
> or photo paper. So you can adjust the pdf as you wish, even with no margins,
> and then try to find under printer options "borderless printing". That is
> why I didn't understand :-)) it is a printer thing not pdf!

As much as possible "borderless", yes. Of course the printer will
still apply some small margin, but that's ok. A margin of say <0.5 cm.
is fine. So it's not a printer thing, I accept the (physical)
limitations of the printer, but I want to avoid any extra margins due
to software settings. So I need the create a pdf without/less as
possible margins, and then I need Acrobat Reader to (silently) print
it without any/less as possible extra margins added. I believe the
first step is possible, but I am wondering if the second step is
possible as well, i.e. can I adjust the options normally appearing in
the Printing Dialog through Python?