How do you configure IDLE on a Mac, seeing as there's no Configure Option...

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 00:39:38 EST 2010

On Jan 4, 9:17 am, "Alf P. Steinbach" <al... at start.no> wrote:
> * Mensanator:
>
> > ...because there's no [Options] menu on the shell window?
>
> > Or at least give me a clue to how to use Courier New font?
>
> > For some inscrutable reason, depite the plethora of formatting tools,
> > someone decided that proportional spaced fonts ought to be the
> > default for IDLE.
>
> Why not just use the Python interpreter, a reasonable programmer's editor and,
> if you need it, some debugger.

I think I've solved my problem.

I'll just say here that at least IDLE is cross-platform AND is part of
the
"batteries included". I'll be using it on both my new Mac and my
desktop
PCs running Windows.

> The source code level debugging in IDLE is nothing to write home about.

I've got 20 years worth of programs and web pages written with
Notepad,
so don't let me hear any dissing of IDLE, ok? :-)