[Python] Printing plain text with exact positioning on Windows

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Mon Jan 4 20:15:29 EST 2010

KvS wrote:
> So now I'm looking for other ways to get this printing job done. I
> know of Tim Goldens page about Windows printing:
> http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html and have been
> googling a lot, but I'm still not convinced what the best way to go
> is. E.g. I can't get clear whether the combination reportlab & Acrobat
> Reader allows to print very close to the left and right edge of the
> paper (without a user having to change something in a Print dialog
> etc.).

I have a page, and a module, for Windows printing which gives a lot of
control.

http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/pythonicwindowsprinting.html

But in your case, I think I'd consider ReportLab.  Also, it seems to me
that I've seen a simpler PDF generator module for Python.  Dunno where,
though.

-- Chris.