Printing plain text with exact positioning on Windows

alejandro aleksandar27 at BRISIOVOnet.hr
Mon Jan 4 20:01:33 EST 2010

Don't remember much.. but maybe you could play with canvas?
I think i don't undertand(i am a croatian so english is not my mother
language). If you have the need that the pdf and the printer setup have lets
say the same paper size, sorry but can't help.
If you want lets say different printer margins for different documents/pages
just calculate them.
A4 is 210x297mm and you have need for a margin of 10mm..
width = 210 - margin
height = 297 - margin
now for positioning use the variables instead the absolute positioning..

i think that reportlab has some methods that alow you to position
text/photos from the left top corner instead the normal positioning.

Don't know if I helped you in any way...

Good luck!

"KvS" <keesvanschaik at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:54eb4786-5db3-453d-971a-a4b359fc2de8 at f5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 4, 11:58 pm, "alejandro" <aleksanda... at BRISIOVOnet.hr> wrote:
> I think the easyest way for printing text is with ReportLab. Just few
> lines
> of code and you have a nice pdf...

Ok, thanks. In that scenario I would also need to be able to
programatically adjust the printing margins in Acrobat reader, i.e.
automate it to some extent. Is that also possible?