twenty years ago Guido created Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jan 3 22:18:18 EST 2010

Chris Jones <cjns1989 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 04:19:02PM EST, Ben Finney wrote:
> > The entirety of ‘comp.lang.python’ is an ongoing response to Guido
> > van Rossum's achievements (and all the others that make Python
> > great). Mere week- or month-long threads are paltry by comparison.
>
> That I understand. But my remark was not really about Guido.. but
> rather in a roundabout way, more of a poke at [a troll], hopefully
> avoiding the troll-feeding trap.

You didn't avoid it, since you irrelevantly raised (twice, now)
discussion of a troll in a thread originally unrelated to that person.

> Sorry you missed my point.

I didn't, since I attempted to bring it back on topic by expunging the
off-topic part of your message. Sorry I failed to salvage the thread.

--
 \      “If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly |
  `\      owned if it is not shared.” —Augustine of Hippo (354–430 CE) |