twenty years ago Guido created Python

Chris Jones cjns1989 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:20:21 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 04:19:02PM EST, Ben Finney wrote:
> Chris Jones <cjns1989 at gmail.com> writes:

> > Interesting to note that Guido's achievements prompt much less
> > response, and get much less coverage […]
>
> The entirety of ‘comp.lang.python’ is an ongoing response to Guido van
> Rossum's achievements (and all the others that make Python great).
> Mere week- or month-long threads are paltry by comparison.

That I understand. But my remark was not really about Guido.. but rather
in a roundabout way, more of a poke at Xah Lee, hopefully avoiding the
troll-feeding trap. Sorry you missed my point.

Come to think of it, since I have nothing much to say about python, but
nevertheless enjoy reading most of the material on this list, this was
mostly an excuse to wish everyone here a Happy New Year.

CJ