Significant whitespace

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Sat Jan 2 01:53:10 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 02 January 2010 00:02:36 Dan Stromberg wrote:
>> I put together a page about significant whitespace (and the lack thereof).
> The only thing about Python's style that worries me is that it can't be
> compressed like javascript can*, and perhaps that will prevent it becoming a
> browser-side language one day. How I'd love to code PyQuery instead of JQuery!
>
> * Or am I wrong?

Not to my knowledge, but CPython's bytecode format could be used to
similar effect.

However, the larger and much more daunting obstacle to client-side
Python would be that it's not sandboxed or secured like JavaScript is,
although there are some people working on it.

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com