MySQL Error

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 12:04:10 EST 2010

Victor Subervi wrote:
> However, "ProgrammingError" is not an error. How do I discover the real
> error, so I can write the appropriate except statement?

You're not making any sense. How did you determine that ProgrammingError
is not an error or that it's not the "real error"? Show us the code you
ran, the output you expected, and the output it produced instead.

Blind guess: You're using "except ProgrammingError" when you should be
using "except MySQLdb.ProgrammingError". If this guess is incorrect, see
above.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net