SimpleXMLRPCServer daemon

Thomas Allen thomasmallen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:54:23 EST 2010

I have a script that runs an instance of SimpleXMLRPCServer and in
general it works as expected. In its __del__, it is supposed to clean
up its PID file (written on boot). I have two problems with this
server instance: The first is that tt doesn't always clean up its PID
file; is there a more reliable way to do this than how I am currently?
The second is that when it does crash, I don't know about it...what
would be sufficient as a "keep-alive" script to restart it? I suppose
I could use something like EventMachine (already installed on my
server) to watch the PID file if it were deleted reliably.

Thomas Allen