Why doesn't "filterwarnings" suppress this message?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Thu Jan 28 13:38:25 EST 2010

    Feedparser isn't supported for Python 3.0, so in Python 2.6, many warning
messages appear.  I'm trying, in Python 2.6, to suppress the warning message:

	./feedparser\feedparser.py:69: DeprecationWarning:
	the sgmllib module has been removed in Python 3.0
	import sgmllib, re, sys, copy, urlparse, time, rfc822, types,
		cgi, urllib, urllib2

with this warning filter:

	warnings.filterwarnings(action='ignore',
		category=DeprecationWarning, module='feedparser')

The filter suppresses other deprecation warnings associated with
the feedparser module, but not that one.  How do I get rid of that
one?

And no,

	warnings.filterwarnings(action='ignore',
		category=DeprecationWarning, module='sgmllib')

doesn't do it.

				John Nagle