some turtle questions

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Sun Jan 24 10:29:20 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to think of things to do with the turtle module with my
students, and I have some ideas where I am not sure whether the
turtle module can do it.

1) is there a way to determine the current screen pixel color?  I am
thinking about having the turtle go forward until it reaches an
object, say a red circle.  I can probably do this by making circle
objects (drawn with turtles themselves) which know their own
position, and check against this info.  But I thought it might be
useful also for the turtle to know.

2) is there a way to put a limit on the extent the turtle can
travel?  it seems I can keep moving off of the screen.  Is there a
way to make it so that a forward(50) command, at the edge, either
raises an exception (at the wall) or simply doesn't move the turtle
because of the limit?

thanks!

		bb

--