Generic Python Benchmark suite?

Anand Vaidya anandvaidya.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 04:58:42 EST 2010

Is there a generic python benchmark suite in active development? I am
looking forward to comparing some code on various python
implementations (primarily CPython 2.x, CPython 3.x, UnladenSwallow,
Psyco).

I am happy with something that gives me a relative number eg: ULS is
30% faster than CPy2.x etc

I found pybench which is probably not maintained actively.

What do you suggest?

PS: I think a benchmark should cover file / network, database  I/O,
data structures (dict, list etc), object creation/manipulation,
numbers, measure looping inefficiencies, effects of caching (memcache
etc) at the minimum