More version woes

Jive Dadson notontheweb at noisp.com
Mon Jan 18 02:08:02 EST 2010

This has to do with Komodo.  I cannot use Python 2.4, because numpy is
broken on my machine for that release for reasons unknown.  I want to
use 2.6 anyway.  But when I use Python 2.6 and Komodo 3.5, it runs slow
as death.  I think it might have something to do with the warning I'm
getting.  Does anyone know what this is about, and what to do about it?
  Or can anyone tell me why Komodo 3.5 is slow horribly slow with Python
2.6?

C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo
3.5\lib\support\dbgp\pythonlib\dbgp\client.py:813: DeprecationWarning:
BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
   self.message = message
C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo
3.5\lib\support\dbgp\pythonlib\dbgp\client.py:815: DeprecationWarning:
BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
   return self._cmd_error % (self.name,self.tid,self.errid,self.message)

The offending bit of source...

class CommandError(Exception):
     """Breakpoint class

     a simple exception that knows how to serialize itself to xml.
     """
     _cmd_error = '<response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol" command="%s"
transaction_id="%s"><error

     def __init__(self, name, tid, errid, message):
         self.name = name
         self.tid = tid
         self.errid = errid
         self.message = message  # THIS IS WHAT IT DOESN'T LIKE
     def __str__(self):