Confusing, desparate MySQLdb problems...

stopchuckingstuff stopchuckingstuff at me.com
Sat Jan 16 17:33:48 EST 2010

I have installed MySQLdb on Mac OSX 10.6.2, and have it working when
running on my system in IDLE and in terminal, however encounter
continual problems when running it through Apache.

When trying to import the module, it gives me this error:

<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: /Library/WebServer/.python-eggs/
MySQL_python-1.2.3c1-py2.6-macosx-10.3-fat.egg-tmp/_mysql.so: no
appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man python" for running in 32-
bit mode)

Which I  just don't understand, as it works perfectly in IDLE?!

I am running Snow Leopard in 64bit mode, but I don't see how this
could be the problem when I have already run the module successfully.

Please help!

Thanks very much,
Sam
stopchuckingstuff at me.com