dict's as dict's key.

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 13 13:33:17 EST 2010

I have a type of objects that have complicated enough properties
to warrant a special class for its type.
The class has built in dictionary for all the properties.

Something along the line of
a = ctype({"poker":True})
b = ctype({"footbal":True, "gender":"m"})
c = ctype({"chess":True, "residence":"Amsterdam"})
I can count each type, again using a dictionary:
db = {}
db[a]=171
db[b]=208

But now I am at a loss as how to look up a ctype z in this db
dictionary efficiently, because all those objects are different
from z.

Is there a way to turn those ctype things into a hashable type?
(I would then convert z in the same way.)
Once a ctype is invented it never changes.
The only data pertinent to a ctype is its property dictionary.

(I encountered this before. A dictionary is a natural for a
boardgame position, i.e. chess. Now we want to look up chess
positions.)

Groetjes Albert

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst