GUI for multiplatform multimedia project

trzewiczek at trzewiczek.info trzewiczek at trzewiczek.info
Wed Jan 6 16:53:09 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I posted that question on a python-forum, but got answer, so I ask here.

I'm working on an artistic project and I'm looking for the best
cross-platform GUI solution. The problem is that it's gonna be a tool that
will have to be double-click installable/runnable and pre-installation of
any libraries for end-users is very much like an evil. It really has to be
double-click tool

My first thought was PyQt, because it's a real framework with a lot of
stuff inside (including Phonon) and I know some cross-platform media
software written in C++ QT (like VLC). But on the other hand I've heard
that it's not that easy to make it "double-clicky" multi-platform. Is that
true?

Another thing that matters for me is ease of integration with libraries
like OpenCV.

I will be VERY thankful for any help. I'm SO tired googling the problem
(it's like weeks now!!)

Best from Poland,
trzewiczek