chown'ing by script

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 01:21:47 EST 2010

Hi;
I have a script that is called via the web. This script writes another
script that is also called by the web, which in turn needs to have execution
privileges. The problem is that the programmatically created file is owned
by apache.apache and thus doesn't have execution privileges. I've tried
os.chown(...) but this throws an OSError. I understand that chown'ing
programmatically opens a big security hole. However, setting the gid to give
apache execution privileges isn't any better. What do you suggest?
TIA,
beno

--
The Logos has come to bear