Python dos2unix one liner

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Sun Feb 28 06:51:31 EST 2010

On 02/28/10 11:05, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano, 28.02.2010 09:48:
>> There ought to be some kind of competition for the least efficient
>> solution to programming problems
>
> That wouldn't be very interesting. You could just write a code generator
> that spits out tons of garbage code including a line that solves the
> problem, and then let it execute the code afterwards. That beast would
> always win.
>
> Stefan

Well that would be an obvious rule that garbage code that does not
contribute to the end result (ie can be taken out without affecting the
end result) would not be allowed. Enforcing the rule is another beast
though, but I would leave that to the competition.

Though the idea of a code generator is solid, but instead of generating
garbage, produces a virtual machine that implements a generator that
produces a virtual machine, etc. etc.

--
mph