Docstrings considered too complicated

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 10:29:46 EST 2010

On Feb 24, 8:23 pm, Andreas Waldenburger <use... at geekmail.INVALID>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a company that works with my company writes a lot of of their code in
> Python (lucky jerks). I've seen their code and it basically looks like
> this:
>
> """Function that does stuff"""
> def doStuff():
>     while not wise(up):
>         yield scorn
>
> Now my question is this: How do I kill these people without the
> authorities thinking they didn't deserve it?

A good way to control Python contractors is (given that firstly there
are functional specifications to comply with, and tests to pass) is to
impose the following condition:

that all code delivered must reach a score of (say) 9.5 or more when
checked by pylint

and pylint could be the way to demonstrate the problems to the
'authorities'.

If payment depends on such a measure, things will change quite
quickly.
John