Spam from gmail

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 24 19:41:55 EST 2010

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> In article <87sk8r5v2f.fsf at benfinney.id.au>,
> Ben Finney  <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> >Spam is spam, not by who authors or posts it, but by its distribution
> >(to many people, e.g. via a forum like this one) and its content
> >(off-topic and unsolicited).
[…]

> Moreover, by your definition, your post above counts as spam.

No. Again, as several others have pointed out, discussions about how the
forum should operate (meta-discussions, if you like) are on-topic in the
forum.

That's not to say they should dominate the forum, of course.

--
 \     “I must say that I find television very educational. The minute |
  `\       somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book.” |