Spam from gmail

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 24 19:39:08 EST 2010

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:

> Spam is, at least from my point of view, UCE: unsolicited commercial
> e-mail. So anything that isn't commercial (like those "send these to
> ten of your friends" emails) isn't spam (but it might just as well
> be).

That excludes things like the religious screeds, or any other one-way
"get this message in front of as many eyeballs as possible" message.

Spam is better defined as unsolicited bulk messaging. Whether it's
commercial in nature is irrelevant. The content is relevant only in that
it's unsolicited by the vast majority of its many recipients.

--
 \        “I went to court for a parking ticket; I pleaded insanity. I |
  `\   said ‘Your Honour, who in their right mind parks in the passing |