What's Going on between Python and win7?

Tue Feb 23 20:31:47 EST 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:34:00 -0500, Jerry Hill wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM, W. eWatson <wolftracks at invalid.com>
> wrote:
>> So what's the bottom line? This link notion is completely at odds with
>> XP, and produces what I would call something of a mess to the unwary
>> Python/W7 user. Is there a simple solution?
>
> I know people went off on a tangent talking about symbolic links and
> hard links, but it is extremely unlikely that you created something like
> that by accident.  Windows just doesn't create those without you doing
> quite a bit of extra work.  It certainly doesn't create them when you
> drag & drop files around through the normal interface.

I find it far more likely that Windows 7 makes it easy for the user to
accidentally produce links rather than copies, rather than that Python
suddenly has developed a bug where it opens a completely different file
to the one you ask for.

But more likely still is some confusion regarding paths.

--
Steven