Is this secure?

mk mrkafk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:59:23 EST 2010

On Feb 23, 7:19 pm, Paul Rubin <no.em... at nospam.invalid> wrote:

> The code is pretty ugly.  The main problem is you end up with a password
> that's usually 5 letters but sometimes just 4 or fewer.

Well I didn't write the whole thing here, in actual use I'd write a
loop repeating the function until I have enough characters and then
I'd select a substring of specified length.

Anything else in the code that is ugly and I should correct?

> You might look at the sitewww.diceware.comfor an approach to this,
> which you can implement with a program.  The docs there are pretty
> thoughtful and may help you understand the relevant issues.

Thanks. But I would also be grateful for indicating what is wrong/ugly
in my code.

Regards,
mk