When will Python go mainstream like Java?

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Tue Feb 23 10:10:50 EST 2010

Actually I am still waiting for Java to be mainstream :-)
You could say it is popular, which it is without doubt but in my opinion
after C handed over it's pseudo de facto standard (mostly because a lot
of OS'es are written in it) nobody else has had enough momenta to reach
for that crown.

Actually I quite like the soup of languages these days, what amuses me
though, that Python seems to emerge as the de facto glue language to
bind them all :-)

--
mph