What's Going on between Python and win7?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Feb 22 17:40:27 EST 2010

On 2010-02-22, John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> wrote:

>>>    Symbolic links are designed to aid in migration and application
>>>    compatibility with UNIX operating systems. Microsoft has implemented
>>>    its symbolic links to function just like UNIX links.

>> So symbolic links on W7 function like Unix (hard) links
>> rather than Unix _symbolic_ links??
>
> Which leads you to this conclusion?

The quote above that says that "symbolic links" on W7 function
just like "links" on Unix.  A "link" on Unix is a hard link.  I
presumed that if they meant "symbolic links" on Unix, they
would have said "symbolic links".

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! What a COINCIDENCE!
                                  at               I'm an authorized "SNOOTS