lists of variables

Sun Feb 21 06:17:50 EST 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 23:44:29 -0800, Carl Banks wrote:

> On Feb 20, 10:50 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
> cybersource.com.au> wrote:

>> What makes you say that?
[...]
>> I don't even understand this.
[...]
>> I'm just confused why you think that
>> lexical scoping is equivalent to references that can't be put in lists,
>> or why you think this behaviour is any different from lexical scoping
>> everywhere else?

> http://tinyurl.com/8e7tm

Ha ha ha, very amusing. But I was genuinely confused, because I know
you're an experienced Python coder and not some n00b, so I thought maybe
you were referring to something that escaped me. Your response, apt
though it may be, does nothing to clear up my confusion.

Presumably if you had a serious response you would have made it, so I'll
chalk it up to a generalised confusion field.

*wink*

--
Steven