Executing Python code on another computer

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Feb 19 11:10:21 EST 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:52:59 -0800 (PST)
SiWi <wimmersimon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> So I wondered if it was possible to send the Python code I'm
> developing on the netbook to the workstation pc via wlan, let the
> script execute on the workstation pc and write the output back on the
> netbook.
>
> Is there any possibilty to achieve that goal?

Yes but it isn't really a Python question.  I suggest Google but you
haven't given us enough information, particularly what OSs you are
running.  If it was me I would simply use the netbook as a thin client
for programs that I am writing and running on the main server.  In my
case a simple xterm would do the job since vi is my IDE and bash is my
runtime environment.  If you are using a GUI IDE you may be able to run
the GUI app on the server with the display on the netbook.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves