Shipping Executables

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:25:53 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM, rodmc <userprogoogle-139 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been merrily programming away in Python now for a few years and
> have a couple of applications I would like to possibly publish at some
> point - with the exception of certain libraries they are more or less
> 100% Python. However I have read elsewhere online that Python due to
> it's architecture is not so good for this, especially as it is easier
> for people to hack into the code.

If you mean that it is difficult to stop people from modifying the
source code, then you're correct. If you mean that python
programs are more likely to have security problems than, say,
C, I think its safe to assume that you're not correct about that.

> Also where software requires some
> security aspects I guess it would also not be much use, is this
> correct?

I've never had any reason to feel more concerned about the
code that I write in python, and I use it for crypto research.

> Anyway I would appreciate any views or tips that people have?

I'd worry about developing a product worth stealing before I
worried about people stealing it ;)

Geremy Condra