Using class attributes

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:15:49 EST 2010

Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmichel at sequans.com> writes:
[...]
> While all these proposals are giving interesting technical anwsers to
> the OP problem, I think that the OP original code is still the best
> (_imo_).
>
>  class Foo(object):
>      def __init__(self):
>          self.template_filename = "%s.tmpl" % self.__class__.__name__
>          self.template_body = read_body_from(self.template_filename)
>

> That is true  the same attributes are defined for every instance, but,
> honestly, who cares ? (unless you target the best class design 2010
> price :-) )

You might care if you have many instances but few classes, and the size
of template_body is significant.  Although with this design it is
possible to cache template bodies within the 'read_body_from' function
if necessary.

Also I was under the impression that the OP wanted these attribute to be
accessible from the class object as well.

--
Arnaud