listing existing windows services with python

News123 news123 at free.fr
Tue Feb 16 07:18:16 EST 2010

Thanks for your answers,

The security wouldn't be a concern, as I would run while being only
accessible by trusted hosts.

I don't use the script often, so if it would start a WMI service during
runtime and stop it afterwards it would be fine.

I just wonder whether installing another 3rd party package for just
listing all services s worth the effort.

In my current case I'll go probably for parsing the output of
"sc.exe query" or I'll traverse the registry.

currently I just want to get a list of the names of the running services.

bye