listing existing windows services with python

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 00:43:25 EST 2010

On Feb 16, 1:28 pm, "Alf P. Steinbach" <al... at start.no> wrote:
> It's probably Very Good, but one Microsoft-thing one should be aware of: using
> WMI functionality generally starts up a background WMI service...

"Probably"? You haven't even used the module but you felt the need to
contribute anyway? And I see that my suggestion is "probably" a
security concern too. Would it be too much to ask for you to provide
something other than unrelated anecdotes as evidence to support these
claims? Or perhaps produce an alternative solution[1] for the OP
instead of shitting over a working solution?

So you chose to post to share your vague unsubstantiated concerns
while offering the sterling advice that a developer need be familiar
with a system in order to be aware of the costs in using it. Clearly
time well spent by all.

1: http://essiene.blogspot.com/2005/04/python-windows-services.html