Plugin architecture

Florian Ludwig dino at phidev.org
Mon Feb 15 17:25:31 EST 2010

Hi mk,

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 19:43 +0100, mk wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm thinking about writing plugin-style architecture for (a new)
> web-based app (with SQLAlchemy as backend).
>
> [...]
>
> How would you approach designing such architecture using features
> available in Python (and some major web framework, like Pylons or Django)?

You should really look into the web framework you're using, there
probably already is some plugin architecture.

But being not content myself with the architectures I've seen or worked
with I was looking for some input as well and posted some days back
about a similar topic. Maybe some of the thoughts expressed there might
help you as well:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/0a210267753919b0/5add7bc93789b418

Florian

--