hi can any one please help me..

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Mon Feb 15 04:11:18 EST 2010

* chiranjeevi muttoju:
> Hi,
> when i'm installing the pytc(python wrapper for tokyo cabinet.) i'm
> getting the fallowing error.. i'm getting this error for python2.6
> only.. for python 2.4 its working fine..
> running install
> running build
> running build_ext
> building 'pytc' extension
> gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.6/pytc.o -L/usr/local/
> lib -L. -ltokyocabinet -lpython2.6 -o build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/
> pytc.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.6
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> What is that error. if any body know please help me.. thank you.

It means the compiler can't find the python2.6 library; it's not in any of the
directories where gcc searches for libraries.

You can specify (additional) directories where gcc should search for libraries
via the LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

At least according to my MinGW documentation for Windows, but I assume that it's
the same in Linux.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf