A silly question on file opening

joy99 subhakolkata1234 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 15:32:29 EST 2010

On Feb 11, 1:57 am, Anthony Tolle <anthony.to... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 3:42 pm,joy99<subhakolkata1... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear Group,
> > [snip]
> > I tried to change the location to D:\file and as I saw in Python Docs
> > the file reading option is now "r+" so I changed the statement to
> >    file_open=open("D:\file","r+")
> > but it is still giving error.
>
> Only use "r+" if you need to also write to the file.  "r" is still
> good for opening for reading.
>
> Without seeing a traceback, I can only assume the error is caused by
> using a backslash in the path without escaping it.  Try either the
> following:
>
> file_open=open("D:\\file","r+")
>
> file_open=open(r"D:\file","r+")
>
> For an explanation, see the Python documentation:
>
> http://docs.python.org/reference/lexical_analysis.html#string-literals

Dear Group,

I am sorry I could not report. I was trying your solutions, I could
try only one or two, they are working. My problem got solved. Thank
you for your suggestions. But soon I find time, I would try all of
them, so that I can learn more and what I try to do in this room to
get better angles over any problem from experts like you. Thank you
for giving me your valuable time despite your busy schedule.

Wishing you happy day ahead,
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.