looking for some libraries

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:18:23 EST 2010

rantingrick wrote:
> Well a GUI kit comes to mind. And since you did not mention a
> preference (or much really) i would suggest Tkinter in the stdlib as a
> starting point. Here is a big hint!

I think the original poster is looking for a way to automate an existing
GUI process, and screen-scrape the resulting output from this existing GUI.

He does not say what OS he is working on, so it's hard to really suggest
anything.  If he's on Windows, I'd give a look at AutoIt[1], which has
its own complete programming language.  I know with AutoIt I could click
on buttons and then scrape text from an edit box.  AutoIt probably has
the ability to write this data out to a file as well.  Not Python, but hey.

[1] http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml