python crash on windows but not on linux

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri Feb 12 09:17:04 EST 2010

hjebbers wrote:

> On Feb 11, 7:01 pm, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
>> hjebbers wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, a whole lot more; but I do not want to bother you with that now.
>> > I was just wondering if it is possible that the same setup gives a
>> > CRASH! on windows and just works on linux.
>> > (where is the bug?)
>>
>> In the platform-specific code ;)
>>
>> Even on alt.haruspicy they cannot do much without a liver now and then...
>
> if it is in the platform-specific code should I make this into a
> bugreport?

A this stage a bug report would be useless. The details you have provided so
far don't give anyone without physical access to your machine a chance to
reproduce the error.

> (because the crash does not appear at the same place in my code (when
> doing the same test-run) it will be quite hard to point down....)

Indeed. The culprit may be an extension written in C that is overwriting
memory still in use by other parts of your program.

Peter