Modifying Class Object

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Thu Feb 11 01:46:46 EST 2010

* alex23:
> "Alf P. Steinbach" <al... at start.no> wrote:
>> Telling someone to "learn to read" is a Steve Holden'sk way to imply that the
>> person is an ignoramus who hasn't bothered to learn to read.
>
> Ad hominem.
>
>> So, you
>> are misrepresenting  --  again  --  and in a quite revealing way, sorry.
>
> Ad hominem.
>
>> Yes, in this group, but only for personal attacks. Such as yours.
>
> Ad hominem.
>
>> I think I've shown extreme restraint in the face of bullying from you and some
>> followers, and calling the insinuations bullshit is quite mild.
>
> Ad hominem.
>
>> That is an untrue and extremely misleading description of what you've been doing.
>
> Ad hominem.
>
>> Even if it means getting down to your level (and yes, I did).
>
> Ad hominem.
>
> So the real lesson you're trying to impart is to do as you say and not
> as you do?

Well, I don't think any of you guys would hold out as long as I did.

I think it's Not Nice to get personal.

But there's a limit, one can't just ignore punches every day, and you're right,
the above from me was ad hominem all the way (well, except that it doesn't
concern any technical discussion, and that I'm not injecting noise but
responding to such and trying to reduce it in the future, but still).

Cheers,

- Alf