mac install

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Feb 10 05:11:59 EST 2010

In article
<a73f2cb2-d748-4ddb-a84a-ff2e6d14149f at z26g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
 Thomas Nelson <thomasharrisonnelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the 3.1.1 dmg from http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.1.1/
> but when I run it I get the error "The folowing install step failed:
> run postflight script for python documentation."  The bugs list has
> this bug at http://bugs.python.org/issue6934 but it's described as
> fixed.  Is it only fixed for the source version?  Where should I go to
> install?

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a release of Python 3.1 since 3.1.1.
On the other hand, the problem isn't critical: it only prevents the
installation from creating the .pyc compiled byte-code files for the
python files in the standard library.  Python 3.1.1 should run just
fine, albeit sometimes a bit slower, without them.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org