equivalent of Ruby's Pathname?

Sean DiZazzo half.italian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:27:41 EST 2010

On Feb 8, 2:36 pm, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> In article <dcace5fc-5ae9-4756-942d-6da7da2f6... at s36g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> Sean DiZazzo  <half.ital... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Feb 3, 6:08=A0pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> There was also a PEP with another possible implementation:
> >>http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0355/
>
> >Why did Path() get rejected?  Is it the idea itself, or just the
> >approach that was used?  What are the complaints?
>
> You should search for the discussiona around it.
> --
> Aahz (a... at pythoncraft.com)           <*>        http://www.pythoncraft.com/
>
> import antigravity

I read the discussion, and there was definitely some going back and
forth on whether it should be sub-classed from string, but the
conversation just seemed to stop abruptly with no decision one way of
the other.  Maybe I missed a thread.

I guess being dropped without a final go-ahead is just as good as a
formal no anyway.