Python 3: Plist as OrderedDict

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:21:28 EST 2010

On Feb 9, 12:15 am, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> You may be able to monkey patch an OrderedDict into the PlistParser.
> Here's an untested stab at it:
>
>     from collections import OrderedDict
>     import plistlib
>     plistlib._InteralDict = OrderedDict

Genius! After fixing the misspelled InteralDict I got this:

from collections import OrderedDict
import plistlib
plistlib._InternalDict = OrderedDict
plistlib.readPlist('/path/to/some.plist')

--> OrderedDict([('List', 'of'), ('tuples', 'in'), ('plist',
'order')])

So thank you for that [somewhat contorted] solution. (PyN00b): Now how
do I extract the list from the function?

-- Gnarlie