intolerant HTML parser

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Feb 8 05:36:45 EST 2010

Lawrence D'Oliveiro, 08.02.2010 11:19:
> In message <4b6fd672$0$6734$9b4e6d93 at newsspool2.arcor-online.net>, Stefan
> Behnel wrote:
>
>> Jim, 06.02.2010 20:09:
>>
>>> I generate some HTML and I want to include in my unit tests a check
>>> for syntax.  So I am looking for a program that will complain at any
>>> syntax irregularities.
>> First thing to note here is that you should consider switching to an HTML
>> generation tool that does this automatically.
>
> I think that’s what he’s writing.

I don't read it that way. There's a huge difference between

- generating HTML manually and validating (some of) it in a unit test

and

- generating HTML using a tool that guarantees correct HTML output

the advantage of the second approach being that others have already done
all the debugging for you.

Stefan