Help with regex search-and-replace (Perl to Python)

Shashwat Anand anand.shashwat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 04:03:07 EST 2010

Here is one simple solution :
>>> intext = """Lorem [ipsum] dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit,
sed do eiusmod tempor  incididunt ut [labore] et [dolore] magna aliqua."""

>>> intext.replace('[', '{').replace(']',
'}')
'Lorem {ipsum} dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod
tempor  incididunt ut {labore} et {dolore} magna aliqua.'

*Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I’ll use
regular expressions." Now they have two problems.* — Jamie
Zawinski<ttp://jwz.livejournal.com>in comp.lang.emacs.