Doctests and decorated methods don't get along

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Feb 7 01:00:30 EST 2010

On 2/6/2010 7:51 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> I have found an existing report for this issue:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue4037
>
> The original poster's suggested fix was on the right track, but not
> complete. I've added a patch which works according to my tests.
>
> Since this report is currently unassigned, is there a protocol for
> raising its profile and having somebody check my patch for inclusion?
> Should I just send an email to python-dev?

At one time, I believe this would have been assigned to Tim Peters, but
he seems not to be very active in Python development currently. Given
that the patch is fairly trivial and the module possible orphaned, and
that you do not regularly bug python-dev, I suspect it would be ok to
enquire, once you have a complete patch (with testcase). The latter
would let a committer/reviewer quickly check that it does what you
claim. You might be asked to review some other issues in exchange. (Or
the OP of this thread or the tracker item might help ;-).

Terry Jan Reedy