Dreaming of new generation IDE

Vladimir Ignatov kmisoft at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:48:12 EST 2010

> I don't see what the advantage of the use of a database is in a fairly
> linear hierarchical structure like python objects and modules.

Imagine simple operation like "method renaming" in a simple "dumb"
environment like text editor + grep. Now imagine how simple it can be
if system "knows" all your identifiers and just regenerates relevant
portions of text from internal database-alike representation.

> You mean something like LabView ?

No, I don't think so. I never use LabView but imagine it something
very "graphical-oriented". No, I think about more "classic" text view.
But back-ended with "smart" underlying system - not just obvious
"text".

Vladimir Ignatov